Friday, June 10, 2011

Australorp

How much do you love the word Australorp? Even if it didn't mean this pretty little hen, I would want one.I would love to meet the person who's job it was to name chickens. Because this next one is a dorkling. I'm not kidding.

This one if a frizzle.The best part about all of this, is that these are the hens I like best because they all have nice dispositions, like to snuggle, lay large eggs and lay frequently. I sort of made up that snuggle part. But if they have nice dispositions, it only stands to reason that they like to snuggle, so I'm snuggling me some.



This one is a brahma which I want just because it has a nice disposition, lays large eggs, lays frequently and likes to snuggle. Not because of its name because brahma is kind of boring. But isn't she cute?


Ooh. I just can't wait to get me some chickens. Didn't I tell you I'm getting chickens? Well, not for sure yet. But Hub is thinking of building a chicken coop, and if he does I'm definitely shoving some chickens in there. I'd say chances are strong to quite strong. Well, medium strong. I'd say medium to low probability. I'll keep you posted.

1 comments:

  1. I've had chickens since I was 6 years old and I'm still fascinated by their names.
    We had a rooster that was a Silver Pencilled Hamburg... we called him Hamburger for short. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete