Monday, June 20, 2011

Guess What's Famous: Benicia

I just loving living in Benicia. It's the perfect blend of friendly home town and weekend destination. And we don't even have to go anywhere. As a matter of fact, I'm having a very hard time planning our summer vacation since we're already here! My neighbor is a member of that club where you swap homes with someone, ala The Holiday. So any day now I expect to encounter a strange European lurking next door. I'll direct him/her to the Visit Benicia site, because that's a great place to keep track of the goings on. Or you can just walk right down 1st Street and play it by ear.

And to top it all off, my new little home town is now famous because LOOK someone wrote an article all about it! I borrowed the picture above from this lovely article in Sunset Magazine. I'm awfully proud. They never put Wellington in there, though. Just some other house. Which incidentally just got a brand new owner - real estate in Benicia is HOT. You didn't hear it from me but the new people paid a cool mill for this darling Victorian. You can see it in the article. Go on. Have a look. And the house that is referred to in the article, the one that got shipped "around the horn" and reassembled in Benicia - lives in the next block up the street! It's getting a reno right now!

0 comments:

Post a Comment