Thursday, June 21, 2012

What the HELL is Going on with the Platypus?

WARNING:  May not be suitable for all readers.
I already knew it lays eggs.  Platypus babies emerge from the eggs hairless and the size of lima beans.  I get it.  They're odd animals.  That's okay.  But did you know that platypuses don't have TEATS.  The milk just sort of squirts out of its skin and forms puddles in the fur that the little pink, sticky babies find and slurp up.  The little boy double checked it.  It's true.  I can't remember how this topic came up this morning while he was drinking his Mocha that his Mama made him.  Or why he had this information floating around in his noggin, I couldn't say.

And this:  it only ovulates from one ovary, but it has two.  Why?  This site he was reading from also said that you can tell a platypus in the wild because it doesn't have external ears.  Seriously?  I think I could probably tell a platypus in other ways.  I'm just saying. 

I want one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment