Sunday, June 3, 2012

Stuff I Didn't Buy

I don't know why I do it.  Occasionally I look through the Craigslist listings, but I never buy anything.  I actually have a purpose.  I'm looking for an outdoor wooden table that has leaves that fold down so you can use it for two (most of the time) or four (when the kiddies are home or company is over).  I know it's out there somewhere.  And I don't mind refinishing it.  Or watching while The Husband refinishes it.  Mostly I don't find what I'm looking for.  But I always find what I didn't know I wanted.  Then I don't buy it.  Here is a sampling.
Is this adorable?  It's a wooden kitchen table in yellow and orange.  It's from the 1950s and is only $40!  Wish I bought it.  Didn't.
Equally adorable is this 1950s Hans Olsen table and chairs.  It's Dutch, and $600.  Bought it?  No.
Here is something else I didn't buy and I hope my sister doesn't read this blog before someone else snatches up this lovely guy.  It's a "large concrete bear lamp" and it's only $250.  You don't want it.  It's hideous.  But delicious.  And only two broken teeth.
I love this walnut drop leaf table.  Not for outdoors, of course.  But it's lovely.  $350.
Ironically, the only thing I was interested in had no pictures attached.  FYI, I have emailed for pictures.  But I probably won't be buying it.  I mostly think about buying things.  It's much more frugal.

And might I just say, it's APPALLING how many people misspell the word "dining."  Today is Sunday.  I have looked through the Sunday and only half the Saturday listings on Craigslist.  It's not because I'm tired of looking.  I'm quitting before I become more depressed about the state of our public schools.  Easily 20% of the people listing dining room tables on Craigslist this weekend forgot the two consonants/short vowel rule.  Or never learned it.  I'm not (much of) a spelling snob, but come on people.

0 comments:

Post a Comment