Thursday, June 7, 2012

Peach Pie, Apple Too

Today my little baby nephews, Winston and Alexander graduated from High School.  They are very tall and beautiful and we were very proud of them.  In their honor, their parents had a get-together before the event.  I was in charge of pies.  After I peeled the peaches I just had to take a pic because look how gorgeous they are!  Some are off my tree, but most aren't.

Then I made the peach pie and it looked nice, too, so I took a pic of IT.   You can just see the peeled apples waiting to go into their pie.
Here are the pies fresh out of the oven.  I actually made the peach pie especially for the twins' grandfather, but he was late so we mostly ate it.  I did manage to snag a piece and hide it in a hidey hole.  Still don't know if he got it but I'm hoping YES. 

The pastry is the America's Test Kitchen pastry made with VODKA.  (Here is a link.)  I do have to agree it's fool proof.  I've been making pastry for over 20 years and this is the most consistent recipe I've used.  The apple filling is my own recipe, mostly just sliced apples, sugar, cinnamon and stuff.  The peach pie was taken from this site.  The whole barbecue was delicious.  And those little boys sure are cute.  :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment