Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Birthday Wellington!

Today is Wellington's 1st birthday! In his honor, we bought these two little chickie birds at Romancing the Home, my favorite little Benicia store. They sit on our table and they fit in oh-so-nicely.

It's also Easter, of course. So The Daughter and I took a morning Easter walk. I took a few pics, but it was pretty drizzly so they didn't come out great. I've been meaning to show our Benicia Firehouse because it's a fabulous new craftsman. This is a pic from across the street, so you can't really see it in all of its glory. It's on a downslope with a wonderful park behind. Better pics to follow in a subsequent post, but isn't it nice?


I've also been meaning to showcase this Prairie style home near downtown. At first it seems very stark, with hard lines and no landscape. But there's something about it that I like. Although it still has some of the regular gabled roof, they have added a flat roof to the porch. The basement windows are glass block. The Daughter doesn't like it, but I think it's kind of cool. Better pics to follow on a sunnier day.



Also near downtown is this Victorian. I was mostly taking a pic because I love this wheepy tree and I want to find out what it is, but isn't it just so cute and lovingly cared for? The Mom and I have recently been inside a much different "Victorian" very near this one. It was musty, saggy, dark and dreary. Poor old thing. It's for sale if anyone's interested! I won't provide a link for obvious reasons. The one above is not for sale. Someone loves it.



Across from the firehouse is this little cutie. I'm not sure when it was built and I'm too lazy to look it up, but it's probably mid-century and I just love its cottage style. I bet it will photograph beautifully on a sunny day in Benicia.


Right before T.D. and I got back from our walk, we met the woman who lives two houses down from us. The Husband met her once when he was gardening, but I have never met her and often wondered about her. She lives in an original bungalow, probably built in the 1920s like Old Wellington. She was surprised to hear that we've lived in Wellington one year today! How funny is that?

Alrighty, time to make Easter Dinner.

0 comments:

Post a Comment