Saturday, January 29, 2011

More Bungalows

Lately I've been very interested in the Arts & Crafts movement. I've been researching bungalows and Craftsman interiors. Today I ran across this bungalow that reminds me quite a bit of Wellington. I found it on this site: http://www.oakparkdining.com/. It's a bungalow in Berwin, Illinois.


The features that are similar to Wellington's are the off-set front porch and the centered upstairs windows.


Here's one I found on another site. It is only a one-story, but it has similar window placement and front door placement. You don't often see the sideways-facing front door, but I'm assuming this one has that since you can't see the door from the front. The small window on the porch is like our library window. Look at this little cutie pie! It has the offset porch also. And the off-center steps, like Wellington. I love this little white picket fence, which apparently I'm not going to get. I also like the trellis over the gate to the right. This one has the shingles too. The more I look at this one the more I think it's a lot like Wellington before the remodel. Because there used to be a fireplace in that exact spot. And Wellington used to be one-story.
Right now I'm sitting in the front room. The cat is curled up on the big, soft chair in here. She's doing everything she can to keep from being on the designated cat blanket. It's on the chair to protect it from cat hairs, etc. But she's curled into the tightest ball she can squeeze herself into, in the corner of the chair, on the one bit of upholstery that isn't covered by the blanket. She's exerting her independence. You just gotta love her for it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment