Friday, March 12, 2010

The Road to Wellington

The road to Wellington has been a long and windy one, paved with MLS printouts and the sweat of my brow. Sometimes mixed metaphors come in handy. I'm not sure this was one of them, but there it is.


The first house we ever wrote an offer on was (don't say it out loud) Lomita. Lomita was one in a million and unfortunately for us, someone else thought so first. So in the spirit of Early Bird Gets the Worm, First Come, First Served, You Snooze, You Lose - we lost. It's a sore point with us, so we won't be mentioning it again.


Next came Congressional. (Don't say that one either.) Come to think of it, all the above adages would fit with this one as well. Although we thought we were quick on the draw, someone else was a wee bit quicker and a wee bit more flush, if you know what I mean.

After Congressional was Rockville. While some people wouldn't agree
with me that this was a house worth loving, it was. If you don't take into account its mold issues. But in my defense, as soon as the mold issues were disclosed, we cancelled the escrow which never really was. Poor little house. Nice lot, though. Right on the golf course. And five palm trees. You can't beat five palm trees.

There were lots of other "almosts" in there, but I don't have room for all of that. Let's just say this: I counted a while back and the husband had been to see 30 homes since we started looking in August or September, and I've been to about three times that many. So you can't say we haven't done our homework. I think it's time for us to snag a house and jump inside. And Wellington is just the house to snag.



0 comments:

Post a Comment